Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vader's Fist

Presenting the story of the genesis of the founding of the 501st Legion: Vader's Fist.
"In 1995, I was sidelined by a traumatic accident where I was pinned between two cars on the side of the road," Johnson says. "That whole next year I spent in a wheelchair trying to save my leg and learning how the newly-emerging Internet worked. In 1997, I was more or less rehabilitated when the Star Wars trilogy was re-released as the Special Editions in theaters. My buddy Tom Crews and I started talking about how cool the stormtrooper characters were and, thinking out loud, imagined actually owning a suit like that. In no time we'd tracked down an ad on the Internet for a suit of stormtrooper armor."
View the 501st's patches and badgery here.

(via io9)

No comments: