Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Guess the Scrivners!



The new New Yorker just dropped (into my mail hole). It's the Summer Fiction Issue.

Before I open it, I'm going to attempt to guess at least four of the authors I will find on the Table of Contents page. I'm going to make six guesses:

-Annie Proulx
-John Updike
-Haruki Murakami
-T. Coraghessan Boyle
-Dave Eggers
-Someone of African or Middle Eastern decent/heritage

Ok, let's open 'er up:
BING BING BING ok there's Proulx and Murakami. Hmm . . . that's it for my actual people guesses. 2 for 5. Damn. I was also gonna go with Orhan Pamuk, but dodged that Turkish bullet.

However, we find BOTH Uwem Akpan (Zimbabwe) and Mohammed Naseehu Ali (Ghana)! So that's two in my African decent/heritage people category.

That's technically four for me. I win.

No comments: