Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm Hillary Clinton, And I'm Reporting For Duty



When Sinbad is calling you out, you probably need to reassess who exactly is in charge of the words coming out of your talkhole. I have emboldened the funniest part of this NYTimes post:

“I certainly do remember that trip to Bosnia,” [Hillary Clinton] said last week. “There was a saying around the White House that if a place was too small, too poor, or too dangerous, the president couldn’t go, so send the First Lady.

“I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.”

But her account has been challenged, first by Sinbad, the comedian, who traveled with her, and then by news organizations, most notably the Washington Post, which awarded her four “Pinnochios” which it gives for major “whoppers.”

Anyway, Sinbad speaks to the Washington Post thusly:
In her Iowa stump speech, Clinton also said, "We used to say in the White House that if a place is too dangerous, too small or too poor, send the First Lady."

Say what? As Sinbad put it: "What kind of president would say, 'Hey, man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife...oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian* with you.'"


*Term is used loosely here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No shit! Unless they can get, I don't know, say, Carrot Top -- or, if he isn't available, perhaps Gallagher -- to lay a hit on Obama, I think this is one news cycle Team Clinton is gonna need to write off.

Goff said...

Wait--how did you hear about the Emo Philips/Barack Obama USO Debacle of Grenada?